Friday, January 22, 2010

Coasts (by laura)

Last weekend I was in North Carolina visiting with the Chapman girls. My little sister enjoyed James and I's wedding so much, she thought she might get married herself! (Actually, we had to talk her fiance down from proposing to her until we had our wedding out of the way, haha!)

Mom, Kim, and I planned a full weekend of dress shopping and wedding planning, but Kim had her mind made up after trying on a mere six dresses! Two hours into a four day shopping trip, she was done! The dress was ordered and the bride-to-be was all smiles! She's not messing around folks!

We still shopped, trying to find "professional attire" for my recently accepted position at a law firm. I think I'd be wearing a paper bag to the office today if it wasn't for their help picking out an outfit or two. I loved being with them. My heart ached for it! The talking especially. Face-to-face girl gabbing is so much better! I love my mom and sister dearly. They're ridiculously wonderful to me.



Nevertheless, the only good part of leaving James for five whole days was getting to come home to him! I think next time we'll have to shop on the West coast. Whataya say gals?

No comments: