Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Differences of Opinion

C'mon Laura. Egg shells go in the trash, not down the sink disposal.
Oh yeah? Better than those lime seeds you washed down the drain.

James careful! Don't spray the pan right over the burner!

Laura, you only filled the ice tray up halfway.
But that's just how I like my ice cubes--skinny!

Hold on James! Sweaters don't go in the dryer. Except that one. Oh and that one's fine too.

James, don't forget to close the fridge door.

Laura, why is every single light in the apartment on?

Let's put the lamp in this corner.
But I kinda' thought it'd look nice over there in that corner.

Laura, your hair is all over the tub.
James, your hair is all over the sink.

Look at all these tests we have to take for Pioneers! This is gonna' be awful (james).
Oooh scantrons! Fun! (laura)

10 comments:

thesmallblondeone said...

I'm totally with Laura: egg shells go in the disposal!

(PS: Hi, Laura, I'm Jordan. I used to work at camp with the AGO guys, and now I'm a reader of your guys' blog. :)

Lisa said...

Our maintenance guy just came by our apartment a few days ago and lectured me about what should and should not go in the garbage disposal so I feel your pain Laura. Apparently orange peels should NOT go in the disposal. But ice is great for cleaning out the disposal if it's all gunked up and smelly!

I miss you guys! let's chat soon!

caljoy said...

You know Dr. Phil says it is all about negotiation. A good marriage brings two people together who see and do things differently, then they have to learn to negotiate through it all. Isn't funny how little things like which way the toilet paper roll is placed and skinny ice cubes can frustrate us?!? It will take a lifetime believe me....Just remember they are just differences, do not make one way the right way and one way the wrong way..except that washing sweater thingy, I have learned the hard way :-)

Mama C. said...

Ahhh I just think ya'll are great!!! It's true! Disposal discussions are such a good analogy of marriage! Most topics of discussion that we married folk spend time debating are only worth putting in the garbage...or, um... well, down the disposal!!

Vince said...

this is hands down your funniest post ever. I literally LOL'd in the office

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Laura Rosenberg said...

hahaha, thanks ladies. and vince!

it really is funny. but it's truly been great learning to love each other in the little things. for me, that means not refrigerating the ketchup so james doesn't have to eat cold heinz on his fries. i can do that!

caljoy said...

You are a good wifey

Scot said...

James and Laura,

I just found your blog. I'm going to enjoy this.

cynthia2156 said...

Oh welcome to married life!
I love it!